Thursday, February 5, 2009

new word

frisson - a French word for a thril or shiver of pleasure.

I saw 'frissance' used and asked about it. This is apparently an anglicized version. Not exactly a real word but a terrific one.

So I'm having a frissance. I got a book today. But almost better than that, I got my liscense renewed. Had to go to DMV. It's been years since I've been. They moved. They didn't tell me. Fortunately, the lady in the same building knew where they went and I got directions. Only had to pass the eye test. Bet next time it's the written or some other equal torture. To top it off, bet I don't even pass the eye test next time. I'm good for now. Till the next thing.

But with all that time sitting around at DMV, I figured out what I do with the excess bathroom problem.

I'd take the least interesting bedroom in a 5 bedroom house and turning it into a laundry room, take out the bathroom fixtures and add washer/dryer and possibly an extra hot water heater. If possible, I'd line the closet with cedar and use it for seasonal clothes and long-term linen storage. It would be nice to have a folding table and ironing board set up, with extra storage pieces. For stuff. And things.

Now about those other 7 bathrooms, I don't know quite. It's just too many bathrooms. How much time are people (other than teenagers) spending in bathrooms? Families don't practice any kind of togetherness anymore. Uh, I didn't mean in the bathroom at the same time or anything. I get no frissance from excess bathrooms. No frisson, either.

But I did get frissance and frisson from my new book. It's "Gods and Goddesses" by Crusie, Stuart and Rich. Available in grocery stores nation wide. Also probably in bookstores, but I got a copy at the grocery. It's down the street from DMV. So I got frozen dinners, too. Since I already paid bills, I figured I deserved a treat? Truthfully, I just wanted some potatoes and gravy. With meat. All suffering deserves a frissance of relief now and then, and please. Nobody try to tell me that DMV isn't all about suffering.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I came to your blog because i was trying to find the definition of frissance. Thank you. Now i know.

Do you know how to pronounce it?

Robin - Erithacus rubecula said...

I also came in search of frissance....and found it...and found a fun blog especially the frissance from knowing you can get your meat Where you get your read..